Who we are: Papa Palheta Malaysia, the sister outpost of Singapore based specialty coffee roaster, Papa Palheta. We love coffee and we love people who love coffee. We have a small but really talented team of coffee professionals (in various disciplines) in our organization.
Ideally, you would be well-connected with the coffee industry, possess a strong knowledge of the greater specialty coffee industry, have excellent barista skills, be approachable, have an optimistic outlook, be solutions focused and willing to go the extra mile look after both prospective and existing customers.
Building and maintaining relationships is at the heart of this role.
Specifically: To join the team, we always look to learn from your experience as you do ours. You will need to be knowledgeable about specialty coffee. You will have proven sales experience. You'll be confident, engaging and helpful with a strong focus on getting prospective clients into the world of specialty coffee, or helping improve their coffee program. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter, who is able to work autonomously, but always ready to dip their toe in the mud!
Our ordinary hours of work are 9.00am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, but some hours outside of this will be required from time to time pending any events or extraordinary circumstance, fret not, nothing too intense.
There will be a possibility of travel, and a driver's license is a strongly recommended. You will be spending a significant portion of your time moving in and amongst the local hospitality industry, so good vibes and interpersonal skills would be a must.
Some of the main duties are:
- Creating a sales strategy targeting prospective customers
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients (both equipment and coffee solutions)
- Ensuring implementation, supporting, and troubleshooting client’s coffee programs
- Maintaining great relationships with existing customers
- Organising training and professional development for clients.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience as a proven and successful sales person
- Have previous experience with specialty coffee
- Be target driven approach and attitude
- Have strong effective relationship building and management abilities
- Be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new
- Have great organisational and time management skills
- Be well presented
- Have a driver’s license
Tick some of the boxes but not all? Fret not, we are as keen to develop potential talent as we on the hunt for talented ready-to-goers. Send us an email telling us a bit about yourself and why you'd love to join the Papa Palheta team, along with a current CV. Email ad: firstname.lastname@example.org